Welcome to my "RANDOM" world, which is full of random things, and is all about random things...! Enjoy, and please leave some random thoughts :)

About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Sur mon Ile, j'ai écris une page d histoire, pas d'humanité, ni historique, mais une page de MON histoire. Ne rêvons pas nos vie, vivons nos rêves...

Read Me...Join Me...Meet Me...

~Join Me at My Events~
* Runway of the World, Oct 22, 2010 6:30pm @ Hotel Valencia, San Jose
* Indulgence Lounge Exhibition & Show, Nov 5, 2010 6:00pm @ The Payne Mansion, 1409 Sutter Street, San Francisco
* Green Festival Exhibition, Nov 6-7, 2010 10pm @ San Francisco Convention Center
* Chance Fashion Show, Nov 13, 2010 8pm @ Vela Lounge, Seattle
* Silicon Valley Beauty Contest Chapter I, Apr 2, 2011 6pm @ Temple Lounge, San Jose
* Silicon Valley Beauty Contest Chapter II, May 8, 2011 6pm @ Temple Lounge, San Jose
* Ao Dai Festival, May 15, 2011 5pm @ Dynasty Restaurant
* Silicon Valley Beauty Contest Chapter III, June 4, 2011 6pm @ Temple Lounge, San Jose

Friday, May 13, 2011

The Beauty of Imperfection

"I need to look perfect all the time!" -- I used to think this way.  Whenever I needed to go out, even if just went grocery shopping, I always made sure that I look perfect--maybe not absolutely perfect, but at least it should look perfect to me at that moment.  And I became more so since I got involved in all those fashion events.  We may look shiny on the runway, but we do make funny faces at back stage, thus there are lots of funny pictures taken behind the scene--they are fun to look, but I would never allow them to appear in public websites (as long as I know), and not even show them to close friends.


Most of the world's successful models are pencil thin and for ads in magazines and posters, their faces and bodies are touched up so that they look perfect. Sadly, I'm not one of them, and millions of girls and women measure themselves against these impossible standards and come up short.  


Black Swan makes me think...and I realized that there's no such thing called "perfection", there is only perfection within imperfection. The real beauty will not be affected by a little defects.  Imperfection is beauty, only if we can truly accept the imperfection and appreciate the imperfection, we can then find the true perfection. 


No need to feel shame because we are not perfect.  Be confident--Confidence creates beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment