Welcome to my "RANDOM" world, which is full of random things, and is all about random things...! Enjoy, and please leave some random thoughts :)

About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
Sur mon Ile, j'ai écris une page d histoire, pas d'humanité, ni historique, mais une page de MON histoire. Ne rêvons pas nos vie, vivons nos rêves...

Read Me...Join Me...Meet Me...

~Join Me at My Events~
* Runway of the World, Oct 22, 2010 6:30pm @ Hotel Valencia, San Jose
* Indulgence Lounge Exhibition & Show, Nov 5, 2010 6:00pm @ The Payne Mansion, 1409 Sutter Street, San Francisco
* Green Festival Exhibition, Nov 6-7, 2010 10pm @ San Francisco Convention Center
* Chance Fashion Show, Nov 13, 2010 8pm @ Vela Lounge, Seattle
* Silicon Valley Beauty Contest Chapter I, Apr 2, 2011 6pm @ Temple Lounge, San Jose
* Silicon Valley Beauty Contest Chapter II, May 8, 2011 6pm @ Temple Lounge, San Jose
* Ao Dai Festival, May 15, 2011 5pm @ Dynasty Restaurant
* Silicon Valley Beauty Contest Chapter III, June 4, 2011 6pm @ Temple Lounge, San Jose

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Time of Fashion

This economy crisis slowed down lots of things, especially in the banking industry.  Since the working activity is very slow, I decided to do something different, something I like...

One day I jumped in to a fashion show, volunteered to be a model, and started my fashionista life from there. The first month I was running around different fashion shows, worked with different designers, met different models, at the same time I had to practice my runway catwalk and posing everyday, and then photoshoot posing -- not an easy job really, but I did it, in a short time. When I looked back the pictures of that one month, I was very impressed with my progress.

The past 4 months, from a model, to back stage manager, to show producer, as well as being involved in movie premiers and TV shows, I saw a whole new world out of a banker's life, a beautiful and interesting world. We talked about all different things, from fashion to Chinese medicine, from business to quantum physics, from work to the way of life...

I really love fashion.  It is not just the surface, it is about connecting the soul with body, mind, society and culture.  It anticipates, and elegance is really a state of mind, and a way of savoir vivre.

Guess it's time to be back to my real world, but I appreciate this experience, that has built up my confidence from other ways, opened my eyes for a different world, and added color to my life.

 * Indulgence Lounge - Resort Collection by Monique Zhang *
  * Indulgence Lounge - Mur d'Art Collection by Monique Zhang *
 * Chance Fashion Show @ Seattle - Haute Couture Collection by Debbie Nghiem *
* Calendar Photoshoot - Ao Dai Vietnamese Dress Collection by Debbie Nghiem *

No comments:

Post a Comment